I’ve been planning to make these chocolate covered strawberries again but haven’t had the chance. Since Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, I thought that it would be the perfect time to gather all my supplies and start assembling them. Taking the time out of your day to make something sweet and thoughtful for your loved ones will definitely make them feel just a little bit more special.
These chocolate covered strawberries are sure to impress but they are so simple to make. The finished product looks almost too pretty to eat as if you bought them from a gourmet shop without spending a fortune. They are so fun to make, they make such an adorable gift, and they’re also quite a tasty treat. The tartness of the strawberries compliments the sweetness of the chocolate. Hope your Valentine’s Day will be filled with lots of love or you could just treat yourself.
– Cupcake liners
– Squeeze bottle
– Block of styrofoam
– Chocolate(s) of your choice
- Wash the strawberries and pat them completely dry.
- Puncture holes that are about 1 1/2 inch apart into the styrofoam block with the skewers.
- Insert skewers about half way into the ends of each strawberry.
- Melt the chocolate in a double broiler on medium-low heat or microwave 8 oz at a time in increments of 30 seconds until running smooth; add a few tsp of oil if it starts to seize up.
- Pour the opposite type of chocolate into a squeeze bottle for drizzling contrasting decorative patterns.
- Dip and twist strawberries in the chocolate about 3/4 of the way, let the excess drip, place on the styrofoam block to dry.
- Drizzle over strawberries with a back and forth motion on both sides, dust sprinkles, place in fridge to set.